RN Hospice QAPI CoordinatorJob Location: Wallingford, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
RN Hospice QAPI Coordinator (747102)
Masonicare Home Health & Hospice - Wallingford, CT
The Hospice QAPI Coordinator assists with all activities related to the review of OASIS documents, utilization management, and coding of patient records.
- Reviews HIS documents for accuracy, consistency and supporting documentation.
- Discusses any noted documentation discrepancies with clinical supervisors and clinical staff as appropriate.
- Uses Strategic Healthcare Programs software to support review of documentation.
- Evaluates patient plan of care at start of care. Compares plan with utilization guidelines where available and reviews with Clinical Managers and/or clinicians as indicated. Notifies staff when ready to be locked.
- Participates in quality committee activities as necessary.
- Provides appropriate documentation and HIS education as indicated.
- Participates in hospice staff meetings a minimum of 4 times per year.
- Utilizes decision support tools to monitor hospice teams, identify trends, plan and implement; and prepare variance reports for hospice director.
- In absence of supervisor monitors and manages day to day activities of staff: meeting productivity, quality standards and documentation standards.
- In absence of supervisor coordinates efforts with other members of the hospice team to ensure ongoing development and improvement of hospice program .
- In absence of supervisor supports patients and staff.
- Maintains open line of communication with all levels of staff.
- Communicates effectively and tactfully with clients, recognizing their age, cultural diversity, needs, abilities and physical condition.
- Can be depended upon to report to work on-time, use time off appropriately, and complete annual education and medical requirements.
- During periods of high volume or staffing shortage may perform admissions, revisits and interim case management for hospice teams served.
- Works with the QAPI manager for hospice and the Hospice Director and hospice educator to identify, develop and support provision of in-service/continuing education for the staff.
- Performs other duties as required.
Demonstrated leadership ability and commitment to the provision of quality care.
Knowledge of State regulations, Medicare and Medicaid Guidelines is desirable.
Maintains current Connecticut Drivers’ License and auto insurance (100/300).
Possess reliable transportation.
Provides care and services that demonstrates behaviors and the principles of person-centered care including affording people dignity, respect and compassion, offering coordinated care, support and treatment and care that is personalized.
- Current Connecticut Registered Nurse License; AND
- A Master’s degree form an NLN accredited school of nursing or American Public Health association with a minimum of one (1) year full-time clinical nursing experience with at least one (1) year in a home care agency or community health program which included care of the sick at home; OR
- A Baccalaureate Degree from a NLN accredited School of Nursing and a minimum of three (3) years of full-time clinical nursing experience with at least one (1) year in home care agency or community health program which included care of sick at home; OR
- An RN who has been continuously employed in the position of clinical services in a home health agency in this state since January 1, 1979; OR
- A Diploma in nursing or an Associate’s Degree in nursing and a minimum of three (3) years of full time or full time equivalent clinical experience in nursing within the past five years, at least one (1) of which was in a home health agency or community health program which included care of the sick at home; and evidence of certification by the American Nurses’ Association as a community health nurse or completion of at least six credits received within two years in community health nursing theory or six credits in health care management from an accredited college or university program or school of nursing.
- If 1-5 not met must be actively pursuing Bachelors in Nursing and must receive degree within 1 year of being in position.
RN Hospice QAPI Coordinator