Recreation & Activities ManagerJob Location: Wallingford, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
Recreation & Activities Manager
Masonicare at Ashlar Village - Wallingford, CT
Day Shift / Weekend Availability Required
The Manager of Recreation assesses, plans, implements and evaluates a wide scope and variety of programs, which meet the diverse social, emotional, cognitive, spiritual and physical needs of the residents of the assisted living community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises and evaluates all Recreation Therapy Aides.Provides training and orientation of new staff members.
- Ensures that the services required are provided or made available to all residents.
- Assists residents in making arrangements to meet their personal needs.
- Establishes collaborative relations with provider agencies, support services and community resources.
- Serves as an ongoing liaison with the assisted living services agencies.
- Makes suggestions and recommendations regarding department goals, and objectives. Maintains commitment to fostering teamwork within the department.
- Plans, organizes and facilitates with assigned staff a wide variety of programs/trips for groups of various sizes, groups of various cognitive/physical abilities and groups of various cultural preferences.
- Oversees and assists with recreation activities and encourages resident participation. Prepares and arranges materials in preparation for recreation activities.Monitors resident satisfaction with regard to community activities and enrichment.
- Serves as department contact for outside vendors/entertainers scheduling programs at Masonicare at Ashlar Village, Assisted Living and is a resource for Independent Living.
- Manages department budget while maintaining monthly petty cash account and submits reimbursement check request to director on a monthly basis. Maintains department records and reports. Completes logs and records promptly.
- Attends meetings and inservices and assists with projects as requested.
- Coordinates resident out trips with Recreation Therapy Aides along with community events.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in social work or in a related human service field; or 2 years experience in social service delivery system dealing with resident communities in lieu of education along with Associates degree.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an Assisted living community with relevant experience.