Occupational TherapistJob Location: Wallingford, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
Job ID: 13284694 Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
Occupational Therapist (717264)
Masonicare Home Health & Hospice - Wallingford, CT
40hrs/wk - Day Shift
- Provides coordination of the plan of care and maintains continuity of adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal client care with other health professionals assigned to the case. Documents adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal patient visits accurately and timely, utilizing outcome measures and other therapy related documentation tools.
- Attends client care conferences and initiates conferences for the complex and multidisciplinary clients whenever necessary.
- Develops, implements and evaluates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions. Addresses all problems in the plan of care while involving client and significant others in the development of the plan of care whenever possible. Recommends additional home health care services and communicates to the appropriate individual in a timely manner.
- Documents the timely and accurate computer entry of patient/job information to facilitate the development of the OASIS data set, orders for service, creation of time sheets and other required patient/employment documents and reports.
- Provides education, supervision and counseling to the adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal client and family regarding procedures and other care needs as appropriate to client’s needs. Utilizes agency educational material as appropriate.
- Supervises, educates and conducts supervisor visits of home health aide per regulatory guidelines. Per policy assesses the client’s need for unskilled services and revised the plan of care accordingly. Communicates the changes to the Home Health Aide and Staffing Coordinator as often as necessary.
- Transcribes and implements physicians orders and evaluates response to ordered treatments in a timely manner.
- Participates in the agency’s QI program and the agency’s on-call schedule where applicable.
- Communicates effectively and tactfully with adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal clients, recognizing their age, cultural diversity, needs, abilities and physical condition.
- Can be depended upon to report to work on-time, use time off appropriately, and complete annual education & medical requirements.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Current Connecticut Occupational Therapy License.
- Two (2) years of clinical experience of occupational therapy.
- Maintains current Drivers’ License and auto insurance.
- Possess reliable transportation (Exception: Employees who utilize public transportation—Supervisory approval required).