Director, Environmental ServicesJob Location: Wallingford, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
Director, Environmental Services (001473)
Masonicare - Wallingford, CT
Full Time - 40hrs/wk
Under the direction of the Corporate Director, Support Services, oversees the following departments: Environmental Services (Housekeeping and Laundry) at Masonicare Health Center and Masonicare at Ashlar Village. Plans, organizes, directs and controls facility housekeeping and laundry functions. Ensures compliance and readiness with all pertinent regulatory and emergency preparedness requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assumes the overall responsibility for the Environmental Services (housekeeping and laundry) for specific Masonicare affiliates. Establishes performance goals, allocates resources, and reviews policies/procedures in order to ensure departmental effectiveness.
- Directs the preparation and maintenance of department reports. Prepares periodic reports as required and as necessary to assure department goals and objectives,.
- Develops budget for the departments and allocates funds within budget limit to accomplish objectives. Monitors variance against budget on an ongoing basis.
- Ensures that all regulatory guidelines are adhered to and monitored regularly for compliance. i.e. environmental safety committee, workplace violence, emergency preparedness.
- Develops and determines priorities and monitors status of special projects on an ongoing basis.
- Develops, implements, administers, and modifies programs to maintain the facility and equipment of each affiliate through effective utilization of resources.
- Maintains established departmental policies, procedures and objectives, quality assessment and improvement programs along with safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
- Participates in affiliate meetings as required. Attends and serves on professional/civil service organizations as Masonicare representative.
- Assesses all day-to-day activities to ensure continuous improvement.
- Examines estimates of material, equipment and production costs, performance requirements and delivery schedules.
- Determines the amount of laundry to be processed daily. Establishes priorities, plans work schedules, and monitors workload accordingly.
- Creates a preventative maintenance system to adequately serve the equipment within the laundry department.
- Arranges for distribution and storage of finished laundry in cooperation with nursing service and other department users. Tests water periodically, prepares formulas and then as needed, posts temperatures and pressures required for effective washing operation.
- Selects, trains, orients, and assigns department staff along with evaluates performance, and makes recommendations for human resources actions.
- Oversees repairs, renovations and new construction in relation to the housekeeping and laundry departments.
- Coordinates and manages trash removal program. Includes trash, recycling, hazardous, regulated and removable waste management.
- Responds to resident complaints and ensures appropriate and timely follow up.
- Understands and follows Infection Control as it pertains to their department.
- Understands and ensures education of all department employees in the Right to Know standard. Keeps required documentation up to date.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Experience: Minimum of 5 yrs relevant business experience and management experience
Key Competencies: Ideal candidate will be organized and have management experience.
Director, Environmental Services