Accounting AssistantJob Location: Wallingford, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
Accounting Assistant (40572)
Masonicare Corporate Services - Wallingford, CT
Full Time - 40hrs/wk
Day Shift: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Serves as the point of entry for Masonicare’s cash receipts. Accumulates, sorts and reconciles daily cash receipts. Prepares the bank deposit and enters transactions in the general ledger control account. Forwards supporting business papers to departments for posting to the subsidiary ledgers. Understands and follows the quality standards for the position, department and Masonicare.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for aggregating, sorting, reconciling, and processing cash receipts from all companies.
- Responsible for preparing the daily bank deposit for electronic deposit and/or courier pick up.
- Responsible for entering the cash receipt entries in the general ledger.
- Forwards all patient remittance advices or other supporting documentation to the Meditech and McKesson cashiers for entry in the patient ledgers.
- Responsible for posting applied income for residents to their account monthly.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: 1 to 3 years experience in accounting environment.