RN Hospice Visiting Nurse (WEEKEND BAYLOR)Job Location: North Stonington, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
RN Hospice Visiting Nurse (Weekend Baylor)
Masonicare Home Health & Hospice - North Stonington, CT area
Work 3 Days / Paid for 4
*Flexible Scheduling options are available
For Example: Work Friday, Sat, Sun, Mon (32hrs), get paid and benefits for 40hrs/wk
The RN Hospice Nurse ensures quality and safe delivery of hospice and palliative nursing services. The Nurse coordinates the provision of home health care services that reflect agency philosophy and standards of home health and nursing care of assigned clients.
- Provides coordination of the plan of care maintaining continuity of client care with other health professionals while identifying interdisciplinary care needs and making recommendations for additional home health care services.
- Supervises client care rendered by Licensed Practical Nurses.Supervises and educates the home health aide in the provision of delegated duties and conducts supervisory visits per regulatory guidelines.
- Demonstrates timely and accurate computer documentation of patient/job information to facilitate the development of the OASIS data set, hospice item sets, orders for service, creation of time sheets and other required patient/employment documents and reports.
- Develops, implements and evaluates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions.Addresses all problems in the plan of care.Provides education and communication regarding changes in client status and any determinations made to other professional/paraprofessional staff as appropriate.
- Provides education, supervision and counseling to the client and family regarding home nursing procedures and other care needs as appropriate to client’s needs.Utilizes agency educational material as appropriate.Assures that client and significant others are involved in the development of the plan of care whenever possible.
- Attends care conferences as appropriate to the plan of care and well-being of the client and initiates client care conferences for the complex and multidisciplinary clients whenever necessary.
- Communicates effectively with members of hospice IDT to promote team-centered approach to patient/family care.
- Assures that Physicians’ orders are accurately transcribed, implemented and evaluated for client outcome in a timely manner.
- Communicates effectively and tactfully with clients, recognizing their age, cultural diversity, needs, abilities and physical condition.
- Can be depended upon to report to work on-time, use time off appropriately, and complete annual education & medical requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned including participating in the agency’s on-call schedule and continuous quality improvement program.
- CT state RN Licensure
- Previous Home Health / Hospice experience is preferred but is not required. We will train!
- Maintains current Drivers’ License and auto insurance.
*New Grad Nurses will not be considered for this role*