LPN Licensed Practical Nurse (NIGHT SHIFT)Job Location: Newtown, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
LPN Licensed Practical Nurse (NIGHT SHIFT) (LPN21537)
Masonicare at Newtown - Skilled Long Term Care Unit - Newtown, CT
24hrs/wk - Including Every Other Weekend
Night Shift: 10:45pm - 7:15am
LPN Licensed Practical Nurse provides nursing care under the supervision of a RN, for assigned patients in assigned areas in the SNF. Utilizes the nursing process as the basis for nursing practices within the scope of the role of the LPN.
LPN Licensed Practical Nurse - Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides nursing care appropriate to the age, needs and abilities of the resident/patient including:
Medication & treatment administration
- Implementation of the interdisciplinary care plan.
- Contributes to the care plan development by collecting data in an ongoing and systematic manner.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with residents/patients, families, colleagues and other members of the interdisciplinary team to meet resident/patient and unit needs.
- Documents accurate, pertinent and comprehensive information in a timely and concise manner as required per regulation / facility P&P.
- Supervises the care provided by the CNAs to assure compliance with the interdisciplinary care plan.
- Participates in educational programs, inservices, meetings and workshops and utilizes current literature to enhance professional skills and knowledge.
- Participants in quality improvement programs as directed.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education: Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
Experience: 1+ years clinical experience in a hospital or similar health care setting preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Current LPN licenses; CPR certification registration
Key Competencies: Ability to work as part of a team and to manage multiple priorities; to speak, read and write English in order to communicate with patients, residents and clinical staff; to effectively interact with residents and staff; organized; ability to utilize a personal computer/CRT to input and retrieve patient information; and familiarity with MDS and care plan development.
LPN Licensed Practical Nurse