LPN Licensed Practical Nurse (PER DIEM)Job Location: Mystic, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
LPN Licensed Practical Nurse (PER DIEM) - (30837)
Masonicare at Mystic - Assisted Living - Mystic, CT
Per Diem - As Needed
Day / Evening Shift
The LPN provides nursing care for a select group of residents by providing supportive and restorative care, teaching and collaborating in the implementation of the resident services plan.
LPN - Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Contributes to the resident care and service plans by collecting data based on age, needs and abilities in an ongoing and systematic manner and participating in regular care planning meetings.
2. Communicates and collaborates effectively with residents, families, colleagues and other members of the health care team to meet resident needs.
3. Provides education, supervision and counseling to resident and family regarding AL procedures and other care needs.
4. Documents accurate, pertinent and comprehensive information in a timely and concise manner in the client service record.
5. Conducts supervisory visits of resident care assistants, companions and homemakers as required.
6. Participates in educational programs, inservices, meetings and workshops and utilizes current literature to enhance professional skills and knowledge.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Graduate of accredited School of Nursing
Experience: Minimum 1-2 years-clinical experience. ALSA or Community Based setting preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Current LPN license; CPR certification Registration.
Key Competencies: Clinical, organizational, record keeping, and documentation skills. Function independently. Exercise sound judgement-teambuilding skills, excellent oral/written communication skills. Knowledge of ALSA regulations.
LPN Licensed Practical Nurse