Maintenance MechanicJob Location: Chester, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
Maintenance Mechanic (30831)
Masonicare at Chester Village - Chester, CT
Day Shift: 7:30am - 4:00pm
The Maintenance Mechanic performs general maintenance and specialized maintenance required by a specific trade discipline.
Maintenance Mechanic - Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide exceptional customer service to residents, employees and vendors at all times.
2. Ability to interact with residents in a positive, respectful and reassuring manner, while performing required duties.
3. Experience and job knowledge in all areas of building maintenance, i.e., carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, drywall and painting.
4. The ability to plan and prioritize assigned work to meet the needs of the department.
5. The ability to work both independently, and with others within the Maintenance department, and with other departments.
6. Keep work area orderly, clean and safe. Ensure proper care in the use of equipment and supplies.
7. Understand and follow universal precautions for personal safety and chemicals as it pertains to the Department.
8. Able to work with/from blueprints and drawings.
9. Assist in the snow removal process.
10. Help cover the on-call schedule.
11. Perform all other duties as assigned by the Facility Operations Manager.
Education: High School or equivalent. Vocational technical graduate
Experience: At least two years in a trade or four years of building maintenance
Licensure: Valid State of Connecticut driver's license