CNA In-Home CaregiverJob Location: Woodbury, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
In-Home Caregiver (MAH229)
Masonicare at Home - Woodbury, CT area
Per Diem/Hourly as needed
Days and Weekends
Minimum 3 hour cases
A In-Home Caregiver provides homemaking services and personal care services to clients.
1. Accepts assignments of duties as deemed necessary by the Director. Follows the written and/or oral instructions provided by the supervisor. Adheres to all schedules and if schedule changes are required, reports this to the scheduler or supervisor. Assists with scheduling of hours as deemed necessary and appropriate.
2. Assists the client with personal care activities including but not limited to, bathing, dressing, oral hygiene, hair/skin care and feeding.
3. Assists with medication management by reminding client to take medication as needed.
4. Assists the client with exercises, ambulation and transfer activities.
5. Performs household services essential to a clean, safe and healthy environment. Will report any environment issues to the Director.
6. Assists and accompanies client to physician or clinic when designated.
7. Provides supervision of patient activities while family/designated caregiver is out of the home, amusements (cards, games, reading to client, etc.) and accompanies patient on walks and to social functions as needed.
8. Provides basic emotional and psychological support to the client and other members of the household.
9. Notifies the Director of any changes in the clients abilities and/or needs for safety issues.
10. Completes activity sheet documenting care provided and submits paperwork in a timely fashion.
11. Adheres to the Code of Conduct. Keeps information regarding client confidential.
12. Performs other duties as required.
**DAY AND WEEKEND AVAILABILITY IS REQUIRED**
**Previous caregiving experience is required**
HHA or CNA
Valid drivers license/transportation are required.
-High school diploma or GED.
-Able to carry and lift bundles weighing up to 30 lbs. up stairs.
-Able to hear/read/speak ENGLISH