Live In CaregiverJob Location: Westerly, RI Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
Live In Caregiver
Masonicare at Home - Westerly, RI area
A Live-In Caregiver resides in the home of the patient/client and provides homemaking and general household assistance to patient/clients under the supervision of the Director.
The Live-In Caregiver assists with personal care activities: bathing, dressing, oral hygiene, hair/skin care and feeding.
Other standard duties may include:
- Assisting with medication management by reminding client to take medication as needed
- Assisting the client with exercises, ambulation and transfer activities.
- Performing household services essential to a clean, safe and healthy environment, including meal preparation, laundry and housekeeping to ensure that the client is receiving sanitary and safe care at home.
- Providing basic emotional and psychological support to client and other members of the household
- Assisting and client to physician, clinic, or other appointments.
- Accompanying patient on walks and to social functions
- Observing any changes in the clients’ abilities and/or needs for safety issues and notifying the agency as appropriate
- Documentation of care/activities provided will be submitted as per agency policy.
**Previous caregiving experience is required**
Valid driver’s license/transportation are STRONGLY PREFERRED.
-High school diploma or GED.
-Able to carry and lift bundles weighing up to 30 lbs. up stairs.
-Able to hear/read/speak ENGLISH.