Wash HandlerJob Location: Wallingford, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
Wash Handler (001422)
Masonicare Health Center - Laundry/Linen Services - Wallingford, CT
40hrs/wk - Including Every Other Weekend
Day Shift: 4:00am - 12:30pm
The Wash Handler collects soiled laundry, sorts and weighs, washes and dries according to established policies, procedures and instructions for machine operation.
Wash Handler - Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Receives or collects soiled laundry from various areas of the hospital. Sorts laundry according to type and condition and weight, and records weight.
2. Washes and dries laundry considering isolation, contamination, water levels temperature to 160 degrees.
3. Inspects at various stages of processing for cleanliness, advises assistants or recommends changes in washing and rinsing procedures to effect a clean and sanitary wash.
4. Keep records of total weight of wash processed daily for each hospital department for charging purposes. Maintains required records and reports.
5. Observes operation of machines and makes minor adjustments or reports malfunctioning to supervisor. Assists department personnel in maintaining laundry facilities, equipment and supplies.
6. Checks lint collector, cleans or changes bags, cleans lint screen, drains and cleans tank as necessary.
7. Attends meetings as required.Participates in in-service education programs.
8. Communicates effectively and tactfully with residents/patients recognizing their age, needs, abilities and physical condition.
9. Performs other duties as required.
Education: Less than High School
Experience: On-The-Job training