Lead Wait StaffJob Location: Wallingford, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
Lead Waitstaff (31182)
Masonicare at Ashlar Village, Independent Living - Wallingford, CT
12.5hrs/wk - Weekends Included
Evening Shift: 4:30pm - 8:00pm
Summary: Leads wait staff. Sets up and assembles various foods to be served to the residents. During the meal service, responsibilities include meeting resident’s needs and serving various other foods in an attractive professional manner. Overseeing and assisting other wait staff when needed. Training wait staff proper steps of service, training proper behaviors to include excellent customer service skills.
1. Must assign and lead wait staff to complete prepatory service assignments and post-service assignments in a timely manner. Work with team to complete side work.
2. Must participate in menu Showtime and present it to residents in a clear, informative and courteous fashion. Train staff on how to present menu to residents.
3. Wait on tables in a timely manner and ensure resident needs are met promptly and accurately. Host or Wait Tables to ensure the best service for our residents.
4. Interact with residents, families and coworkers in a professional manner.
5. Report to work on time and in proper uniform (clean shirt, apron, name tag, black slacks and non-slip shoes, and a pen). During Showtime, ensure all other wait staff is in proper uniforms before they go out onto the floor.
6. Attend all mandatory education events. Help lead educational events for Wait Staff.
7. Communicate in a respectful open honest manner. Work with Supervisors to help communicate to other wait staff.
8. Speak positively about team members and customers.
9. Appreciate and recognize the contributions of other. Work with Supervisors on recognizing the wait staff.
10. Create Eye Contact, Smile and Greet by Name whenever possible.
11. Demonstrate willingness to step out of your primary duties to assist customers and fellow team members.
12. All other duties as assigned.
Education: Some high school
Experience: Experienced Wait Staff Necessary
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Knowledge of dining room systems and good communication skills.
Physical and Mental Demands: Continuous standing, walking, bending, crouching, pushing/pulling and carrying lifting. Stress related demands from customer satisfaction.
Lead Wait Staff