TEMPORARY Housekeeper (DAY SHIFT)Job Location: Wallingford, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
TEMPORARY Housekeeper (DAY SHIFT)
Masonicare Health Center - Wallingford, CT
40hrs/wk - Including Every Other Weekend
Day Shift: 7:00am - 3:30pm
Performs a variety of general cleaning tasks to maintain patient rooms, offices, hallways and public areas to ensure environmental safety, cleanliness, functionality and ambiance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintains established corporate, MHC and departmental policies, procedures, objectives; quality assessment and improvement programs, and safety, environmental and infection control standards.
2. Works from a schedule that outlines and defines frequency and timing of tasks. Works with cleaning crew in assigned areas for special projects.
- Empties trash, biomedical waste and recyclable.Transports to a designated central collection site.
- Dry mops and wet mops floors.
- Cleans, dusts and polishes furniture, woodwork and equipment.
- Operates vacuum cleaners and some mechanical floor/carpet machinery.
- Washes walls, vents.Performs isolation and terminal cleaning following prescribed
- Moves furniture and other heavy objects with assistance of other employees.
- Strips, washes, disinfects and remakes beds as required.
- Understands and follows "Universal Precautions" as it pertains to their department.
11. Understands chemical(s) used in their department under the "Right to Know" standard.
- Performs all duties in a manner that demonstrates safety, respect, care and concern for
our residents/patients/clients and staff.Reports to clinical staff any concerns that might warrant attention on behalf of the resident.Maintain a healthy, clean, safe environment for the population of MHC.
13. Communicate effectively and tactfully with residents/patients recognizing their age, needs, abilities and physical condition.
14. Attends department meetings and all required in-services.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Less than High School
Experience: On-The-Job Training