RN Nurse Supervisor (NIGHT SHIFT)Job Location: Wallingford, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
RN Nurse Supervisor (NIGHT SHIFT)
Masonicare Health Center - Wallingford, CT
24hrs/wk - Including Every Other Weekend
Night Shift: 10:45pm - 7:15am
The Masonicare Health Center is a 413-bed Skilled Nursing Facility located in Wallingford, CT.
The RN Supervisor has the authority and responsibility for carrying out established standards of practices and care and providing direction in the continuing provision of nursing services. Works in collaboration with Clinical Nurse Managers to take all reasonable steps to insure that the quality, safety and appropriateness of care are assured.
RN Registered Nurse Supervisor - Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Registered Nurse maintains established departmental policies, procedures and objectives to ensure that the standards of nursing practice are consistently met throughout the facility.
- Upholds the nursing program during the off shift through the allocation of nursing personnel, coordination of nursing activities, supervision of nursing staff and serves as a clinical resource to all staff.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill to provide care based on physical, psycho/social, educational, safety and related criteria appropriate to age, needs and abilities of the resident/patient in his/her assigned unit. Interacts professionally with staff, physicians, patients and families to ensure that care is effectively and efficiently delivered.
- Communicates effectively to all staff through verbal reports and written documentation and attends necessary administrative meetings to disseminate important information to off shift staff.
- Registered Nurse enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs both in and out of the facility.
- Attends all education programs, mandatory in servicing and meeting.
- Adheres to the Diligent Minimal Lift Program standard.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience: 1-2 years of experience in a supervisory capacity preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Registration and current Registered Nurse license in the State of Connecticut; CPR certification
Key Competencies: Ability to accurately assess and prioritize resident needs. Management/supervisory skills. Ability to resolve conflicts. Interpersonal skills. Excellent oral/written communication skills. Working knowledge of computers.