RN Hospice Nurse - Weekend On-CallJob Location: Wallingford, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
RN Hospice Nurse - Weekend ON CALL
Masonicare Home Health & Hospice - Wallingford, CT Service Area
40hrs/wk - Salaried Position
Friday 5pm - Monday 8am
This role includes remote phone triage and vists in the field, both scheduled and as necessary.
The RN Hospice Nurse Weekend OnCall ensures quality and safe delivery of hospice nursing services and home health services rendered during non-traditional work hours. Coordinates provision of home health care services that reflect agency philosophy and standards of home health and nursing care of assigned clients. Ensures quality and safe delivery of specialty nursing care services during the evening, overnight and weekend hours of operation.
- Implements the coordinated plan of care of adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal clients served by the hospice and palliative care teams. Provides assessment of patient care needs when necessary during non-traditional work hours. May identify when other members of the interdisciplinary team are needed to provide support during these hours..
- Triage calls and speak with patients and families to meet needs, i.e. medication adjustments, supply needs, implementation of changes in POC.
- Make home visits as necessary to meet any acute care needs to assess and intervene for changes in patients. These visits may happen during the overnight hours or on the weekends.
- Demonstrates timely and accurate computer documentation of patient/job information to facilitate the development of the OASIS data set, orders for service, creation of time sheets and other required patient/employment documents and reports.
- Maintain rapport with physicians to obtain order changes as necessary to provide patient comfort.
- Home care cases will require RN pronouncement at time of death including notification of funeral home, hospice team, attending MD and additional family members as needed.
- Provides education, supervision and counseling to the client and family regarding home nursing procedures and other care needs as appropriate to client’s needs. Utilizes agency educational material as appropriate. Assures that adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal client and significant others are involved in the development of the plan of care whenever possible.
- Makes recommendations and updates interdisciplinary team based on findings of home visits and calls received. Provides report to the branch regarding any changes in patient care or to report any expirations occurring during on call time.
- Communicates effectively with members of hospice IDT to promote team-centered approach to adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal patient/family care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current Connecticut Registered Nurse License; and
- At least two (2) years recent experience in the delivery of hospice nursing services.
- Maintains current Drivers’ License and auto insurance.
- Possess reliable transportation
- Provides nursing services that demonstrate competent nursing skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates competency in all general and hospice nursing skills required for best clinical practice.
- Demonstrates competent nursing assessment skills to the acute care level when conducting the initial admission visit for hospice patients.
- Demonstrates understanding of nursing process, interpersonal relationships and dynamics. Maintains a positive professional demeanor.
- Demonstrates organizational, written, and verbal skills. Demonstrates basic PC skills.
- Attends 12 hours of in-services per year.