RN Homecare Admission NurseJob Location: Wallingford, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
RN Homecare Admission Nurse
Masonicare Home Health & Hospice - Wallingford, CT
Full Time – 40hrs/wk
Monday – Friday
The Homecare Admission Nurse ensures quality and safe delivery of nursing and home health services rendered. Coordinates provision of home health care services that reflect the agency philosophy and standards of home health and nursing care of assigned clients. Ensures quality and safe delivery of nursing care services.
The primary function of this role to is to admit patients to service. This will include medication reconciliation and completion of the Oasis data set. An Admission Nurse typically will do 2-3 Admissions per day, and may also do revisits as needed to meet agency productivity.
Admission Nurse RN - ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for carrying out the plan of care for the client as developed by the nurse case manager while addressing all problems in the plan of care, identifying interdisciplinary care needs and making recommendations to the nurse case manager for additional home health care services.
- Assists nurse case manager by providing coordination of the plan of care, maintaining continuity of client care with other health professionals assigned to the case, communicating changes in status to other professionals/paraprofessionals and participating in client care conferences
- Supervises patient care rendered by Licensed Practical Nurses.Supervises, educates and conducts supervisory visits for home health aides.
- Provides education, supervision and counseling to the client and family regarding home nursing procedures and other care needs as appropriate to client’s needs.Utilizes agency educational material as appropriate.
- Documents timely and accurate computer entry of patient/job information to facilitate the development of the OASIS data set, orders for service, creation of time sheets and other required patient/employment documents and reports.
- Participates in the agency’s continuous quality improvement program.
- Communicates effectively and tactfully with clients, recognizing their age, cultural diversity, needs, abilities and physical condition.
- Can be depended upon to report to work on-time, use time off appropriately, and complete annual education & medical requirements.
- Performs other duties as required.
- RN License - in good standing
- drivers' license - in good standing
- minimum 2 years' homecare experience (where the OASIS was used)
- Provides nursing that demonstrates competent nursing skills.
- Demonstrates competency in all skills required for best clinical practice.
- Demonstrates ability to utilize assessment data to address physical and psychosocial needs of the patient.
- Demonstrates understanding of nursing process, interpersonal relationships and dynamics.Maintains positive professional demeanor.
- Demonstrates organizational, written, and verbal skills.Demonstrates basic PC skills.