RN Clinical Nurse ManagerJob Location: Wallingford, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
RN Clinical Nurse Manager
Masonicare Health Center - Wallingford, CT
Sub Acute Physical Rehab Unit
Full Time - 40hrs/wk
Day Shift - Monday-Friday
Under the direction of the ADNS, assumes 24-hour accountability for the clinical management of assigned unit(s). Oversees the integrated care plan to insure it provides holistic, medical, spiritual and emotional care, encompassing quality, dignity, compassion and confidentiality for each individual. Coordinates the daily operations of the unit(s) and directs the delivery of patient care. Oversees the implementation of standards of nursing practice to achieve optimal care center outcomes and insures the team utilizes quality customer service principles in their interactions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the planning, development and implementation of a comprehensive care plan.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills and problem solving techniques while planning, coordinating and implementing appropriate unit activities, including teaching, mentoring, coaching and supervising direct care givers to achieve optimal resident/patient outcomes and unit goals.Provides programs to support wellness appropriate for the unit population.
- In collaboration with ADON, monitors and assesses work flow and delegates assignments to appropriate staff on all shifts.Also collaborates with unit staff to develop, recommend and implement procedures for care delivery using Evidence-Based Practice.Identifies opportunities for systems improvement in patient care planning and care delivery through the collection and analysis of data.
- Manages the delivery of the interdisciplinary plan of care on the unit to assure that standards of care are met in a manner acceptable to Masonicare Health Center’s mission, vision and values.
- Provides oversight and clinical management of assigned unit(s). Will work collaboratively with off-shift supervisors/charge staff to lead the unit staff on all–shifts to common goals and standards for care. Maintains flexibility in work schedule to connect regularly, in-person, with off shift staff.
6.Supervises and investigates Reportable Events, such as medication errors and accidents/incidents to assure completion, follow up, maintaining of current logs.
7.Oversees accountability of the interdisciplinary team (IDT) for management of the unit and to ensure patients are receiving a value-based delivery of care, ensuing patients are efficiently cared for through our continuum of services.
8.Evaluates data and implements change to improve Quality Indicators and Quality Measures scores.Oversees development and implementation of quality assurance / performance improvement programs including subcommittees, and develops and monitors studies to address quality indicators.
9. Rounds with medical provider and participates on weekly wound rounds.
10. Provides monthly in services to staff on the unit related to policies or timely clinical matters
11. Ensures all significant changes in condition are reported to medical provider.
12. Serves as liaison between interdisciplinary team members insuring that the integrated care plan is appropriate, accurate and is consistently delivered and documented.
13. Implements and monitors systems and processes related to the continuous flow of services from admission and assessment through treatment, reassessment and timely discharge for patients, assuring that the assessed needs are matched with the appropriate level and type of care as part of the continuum of service.
14. Concurrently monitors and conducts clinical record review for pertinence and timeliness of documentation and assists in the confirmation and preliminary coding of diagnosis and procedures.Shares findings with care team to achieve optimal outcomes.
15. Active participation and collaboration in formulation of unit budgets and fiscal accountability.
16. Participates in the establishment of departmental policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement programs and safety, environmental and infection control standards.Actively participates in appropriate committees and other Task Forces as needed to promote change.
17. Actively participates in the admission, discharge, and transfer process to maintain optimal facility census.Ensures post-hospitalization/treatment needs of the patient are identified and arranged prior to discharge.Assures timely discharge.
18. Maintains flexibility in work schedule and work assignment to meet the needs of the unit.
19. Meets individually with each shift at least six times per year at a time convenient for the staff.
20. Understands chemical(s) used in their department under the “Right to Know” standard.
21. Understands and follows infection control practices as it pertains to their department.
22. Reports all unsafe conditions to appropriate supervision, including change in patient status, broken or malfunctioning equipment or anything that could be a potential threat or danger to a patient.
23. Hires new staff and provides progressive discipline as needed under the direction of the ADON.
24. Reviews all potential employee discharges with ADON.
25. Conducts probationary reviews on assigned staff.
26. Completes required evaluation of all unit staff on the 7-3 shift and consults with supervisors regarding evaluations of 3-11 and 11-7 staff.
27. Performs other duties as deemed appropriate by the ADON/DNS.
Education: Graduate of school of professional nursing, BSN preferred.
Experience: Five years clinical experience with knowledge in financial, regulatory and legal aspects of healthcare.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Current Connecticut State RN licensure required.