RN Admission Nurse (DAY/EVENING SHIFT)Job Location: Wallingford, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
RN - Admission Nurse (DAY/EVENING SHIFT)
Masonicare Health Center - Wallingford, CT
Sub Acute Physical Rehab Unit
32hrs/wk - Including Every Other Weekend
Shift: 1:00pm - 9:00pm
Under the direction of the Clinical Nurse Manager, The Admission urse is responsible for performing the complete admission process for all types of admissions to the nursing Unit while providing care and assessment. The RN practices Evidence-Based nursing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assumes the professional responsibility and accountability for the complete admission process of new and readmitted residents.
- Assesses patient’s physical, psychological, social and environmental status; identifies appropriate interventions and initiates a plan of care based on these findings
- Performs ongoing and systematic assessments utilizing the nursing process to establish a comprehensive goal directed interdisciplinary plan.
- Collaborates with Care Plan Coordinator to further develop and maintain nursing care plans
- Develops and completes the Baseline Care plan according to person centered needs and follows policy.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with residents/patients, families, colleagues and other members of the interdisciplinary team to assure that treatment is appropriate to meet the age, needs and abilities of resident/patient and unit needs.
- Documents accurate, pertinent and comprehensive information in a timely and concise manner as required by regulation & facility policy & procedure.
- Supervises the care provided by CNAs and LPNs assuring adherence to the plan of care, resident profile, policies, and procedures.
- Participates in educational programs, inservices, meetings and workshops and utilizes current literature to enhance professional skills and knowledge. Attends all annual mandatory programs.
- Participates in quality improvement activities as directed
- Follows standards of the Diligent Minimal Lift Program
- Performs other duties as required.
- Completes the admission process in accordance with approved policies and procedure
- Transcribes, documents and implements physician's orders.
- Contacts the resident's physician and family to notify them of the admission and condition of the resident's condition.
- Ensures all communication with referral sources is prompt, professional and emphasizes a strong commitment to customer service
- Review pre admission documentation and ensure equipment is obtained and ready when resident arrives.
- Receive verbal report from referring facility; facilitates a smooth transition from hospital and/or transfer to contracted facility, and arranges for the timely acquisition of all necessary equipment and services.
- Provides report to oncoming nurse and other personnel to ensure a trans-disciplinary team approach to patient and family care needs and goals.
- The Admissions Nurse will possess or demonstrate the ability to develop strong relationships with hospitals, physicians, nursing facilities and other referral sources. Working with the physician and interdisciplinary team, the Admissions Nurse works with the interdisciplinary team to develop an initial plan of care utilizing person centered care.
- Documents and completes all activities in accordance with facility policy, and protocol within the regulatory time requirement.
- Follows the Masonicare STR Admission Order worksheet and ensures timely and accurate completion.
- Accompany transport to designated room. Perform immediate observation to ensure safety and well-being.
- Review all transfer documents, including discharge summary and hospital records.
- Assumes independent responsibility for completing required routine documentation and auditing as required.
- Records observations accurately and maintains patient’s medical records in accordance with local, state and federal regulations
Education: Associates Degree/Diploma Program, Graduate of accredited school of nursing
Experience: 1-2 years nursing experience in clinical setting required. Short Term Rehab experience is preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:Current RN license in the State of Connecticut