Nutritionist/DietitianJob Location: Wallingford, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
Masonicare Home Health & Hospice - Wallingford, CT
POSITION SCOPE: The Nutritionist serves as consultant to the agency in matters related to complex dietary needs of the adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal client population.
- Conducts nutritional assessment on adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal clients initially and as needed as requested by clinical staff/IDT.
- Establishes adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal client nutritional care plans and monitors client progress. Assures that menus for adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal clients conform to individual diet and food tolerances.
- Provides consultation to staff, adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal clients and family members regarding diet changes, plans, menu selections, food tolerances, feeding difficulties and tube feedings.
- If seeing Hospice patients, participates in interdisciplinary team conferences each week, offering consultation regarding nutritional needs of individual clients.
- Consults with physicians and dietetic personnel from area hospitals and agencies as necessary for optimum nutritional care.
- Provides nutritional information and diet classes to adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal clients and families as needed.
- Provides in-services to staff on nutrition as needed.
- Functions as guest speaker for community groups as directed by agency.
- Communicates effectively and tactfully with clients, recognizing their age, cultural diversity, needs, abilities and physical condition.
- Can be depended upon to report to work on-time, use time off appropriately, and complete annual education & medical requirements.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Current Connecticut Licensure as a Dietitian/Nutritionist required.
- Experience in home care or acute care setting within three (3) years required.
- Knowledge of hospice concepts and philosophies, if applicable.
- Maintains current Drivers’ License and auto insurance.
- Possess’ reliable transportation
- Demonstrates organizational, written, and verbal skills.
- Demonstrates competent assessment and care planning skills related to patient nutritional status and needs.
Provides care and services that demonstrate behaviors and the principles of person-centered care including affording people dignity, respect and compassion, offering coordinated care, support and treatment and care that is personalized.