Massage TherapistJob Location: Wallingford, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
Job ID: 1941438992 Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
Hospice Massage Therapist
Masonicare Home Health & Hospice - Wallingford, CT area and vicinity
PAY-PER-VISIT / PRN position
The Massage Therapist is responsible for assisting the adult, geriatric, pediatric and neonatal patient/family to maintain the highest level of comfort possible.
- Works with other team members in developing a plan of care, which addresses the adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal patient/family physical, emotional, social, cultural and spiritual needs.
- Provides therapeutic massage to assigned adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal clients.
- Records all visits and/or contacts and communications in a timely fashion on the Massage Therapy contact sheet.
- Case conferences with other disciplines regularly regarding adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatalpatient/family status and response to treatment.
- Provides training and inservices to staff and volunteers regarding the use of touch.
- Communicates effectively and tactfully with clients, recognizing their age, cultural diversity, needs, abilities and physical condition.
- Can be depended upon to report to work on-time, use time off appropriately, and complete annual education & medical requirements.
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary.
- Licensed Massage Therapist in the state of CT
- One year of work experience and appropriate references.
- Maintains current Drivers’ License and auto insurance.
- Possess reliable transportation
- Willingness to provide and coordinate care according Hospice concepts and philosophy.