Maintenance Mechanic ll/ PainterJob Location: Wallingford, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
Maintenance Mechanic II / Painter
Masonicare at Ashlar Village
Full Time - 40hrs/wk
Day Shift: 7:00am - 3:30pm
Performs general maintenance and specialized maintenance required by a specific trade discipline.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. The ability to perform duties and maintain all areas according to their specialty, i.e., carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical, HVAC and general maintenance.
- General job knowledge and experience in varied areas, i.e., carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC and painting.
- Selects premixed paint or mixes paint to achieve desired color. Applies coats of paints to exterior and interior surfaces. Paints, varnishes, stains, enamels, lacquers and redecorates wall, woodwork and fixtures of buildings and facilities using appropriate tools and techniques. Makes sheetrock repairs.
- Keeps work area orderly, clean and safe. Ensure proper care in the use of equipment and
- Understands and follows universal precautions and chemicals as it pertains to the
- The ability to plan and prioritize assigned work to meet the needs of the department.
- The ability to interact with residents while performing required duties in a respectful, reassuring manner.
- The ability to work as a team within the department, as well as with other departments.
- Able to work with/from blueprints and drawings.
- Assist in the snow removal process.
- Help cover the on-call schedule.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: High School or equivalent. Vocational technical graduate
Experience: At least two years in a trade or four years of building maintenance
Licensure: Valid State of Connecticut driver's license