LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse (NIGHT SHIFT)Job Location: Wallingford, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
LPN Licensed Practical Nurse (NIGHT SHIFT)
Masonicare Health Center – Wallingford, CT
Skilled Long Term Care Unit
24hrs/wk -Including Every Other Weekend
Night Shift: 10:45pm - 7:15am
The LPN Licensed Practical Nurse provides nursing care under the supervision of an RN, for assigned patients in assigned areas practicing Evidence-Based nursing as the standard.
LPN - Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides nursing care appropriate to the age, needs and abilities of the resident/patient including:
a. Medication & treatment administration
c. Implementation of the interdisciplinary care plan.
2. Contributes to the care plan development by collecting and recording data in an ongoing and systematic manner.
3. Communicates and collaborates effectively with residents/patients, families, colleagues and other members of the interdisciplinary team to meet resident/patient and unit needs.
4. Documents accurate, pertinent and comprehensive information in a timely and concise manner as required per regulation / facility P&P. Competently uses Electronic Medical Record.
5. Supervises the care provided by the CNA's to assure compliance with the interdisciplinary care plan and resident profile.
6. Participates in educational programs, inservices, meetings and workshops and utilizes current literature to enhance professional skills and knowledge. Attends all annual mandatory inservices.
7. Participants in quality improvement programs as directed.
8. Follows standards of the Diligent Minimal Lift Program.
9. Performs other duties as required.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing for practical nursing
Experience: 1+ years clinical experience in a hospital or similar health care setting preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Current State of CT license to practice as a licensed practical nurse.
Key Competencies: Ability to work as part of a team and to manage multiple priorities; to speak, read and write English in order to communicate with patients, residents and clinical staff; to effectively interact with residents and staff; organized; ability to utilize a personal computer/CRT to input and retrieve patient information; and familiarity with care plan development.