Laundry Aide (PER DIEM)Job Location: Wallingford, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
Laundry Aide (PER DIEM)
Masonicare Health Center – Wallingford, CT
PER DIEM / AS NEEDED
*Per Diem staff typically work a minimum of 1 shift per week*
Laundry Aide - Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs tasks according to daily assignment schedule prepared by supervisor
2. Sort, fold, shake and press items following instructions and prescribed procedures in the clean processing area.
3. Assist in the sorting of soiled linen with the assistance and under direction of the washman or sorter.
4. Finishes clean linen by mangling following established procedures.
5. Detect and report faulty equipment, defective material or questionable matter to supervisor.
6. Communicate effectively and tactfully with residents/patients recognizing their age, needs, abilities and physical condition.
7. Attend meetings as required. Participates in inservice programs.
8. Understands and follows universal precautions and chemicals as they are used in the department.
9. Performs other duties as required.
Education: Less than High School
Experience: On Job Training
Key Competencies: Ability to read and follow instructions. Heavy physical effort (lift/carry up to 50 lbs). Prolonged and extensive standing/walking. Manual dexterity and mobility. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling & crouching.