HousekeeperJob Location: Wallingford, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
Masonicare at Ashlar Village - Wallingford, CT
Day Shift: 7:00am - 3:30pm
Performs housekeeping duties of a routine nature and project type in assigned areas of Ashlar Village following instructions and clearly prescribed standard procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive instructions as to area and specific work assignment; assemble necessary cleaning supplies and equipment for transporting to the designated area. Routine duties include, but are not limited to: cleaning of common areas and resident’s homes; dusting of furnishings, woodwork, sills, doors, etc; washing of walls and windows, dry mopping and wet mopping of floors; vacuuming of floors and carpets; stripping and remaking of unoccupied beds.
- Duties involved may require use of stepladders and the operations of mechanical vacuums..Detect and report defective equipment, faulty operations or questionable matters to proper supervision.Maintain equipment and work areas in clean and orderly condition.
3. Maintain surveillance of housekeeping cart when in resident access areas due to potentially dangerous cleaning fluids. Follow prescribed and standardsafety and infection control procedures
4. Interacts with adult and older residents in a respectful and reassuring manner in resolution of complaints and/or concerns. Communicates effectively and tactfully with adult and older adult residents/patients, recognizing their age, cultural diversity, need, abilities and physical condition.
5. Interacts with staff in a positive and effective manner, performing duties as part of a team.
6. Attend departmental meetings and appropriate inservice education programs.
7. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent education
Licensure: Valid Driver’s License