HousekeeperJob Location: Wallingford, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
Masonicare Health Center - Wallingford, CT
Per Diem - As Needed
Day Shift: 7:00am – 3:30pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintains established corporate, MHC and departmental policies, procedures, objectives; quality assessment and improvement programs, and safety, environmental and infection control standards.
2. Works from a schedule that outlines and defines frequency and timing of tasks. Works with cleaning crew in assigned areas for special projects.
3. Empties trash, biomedical waste and recyclable. Transports to a designated central collection site.
4.Dry mops and wet mops floors.
5.Cleans, dusts and polishes furniture, woodwork and equipment.
6.Operates vacuum cleaners and some mechanical floor/carpet machinery.
7.Washes walls, vents. Performs isolation and terminal cleaning following prescribed procedures.
8.Moves furniture and other heavy objects with assistance of other employees.
9.Strips, washes, disinfects and remakes beds as required.
10.Understands and follows "Universal Precautions" as it pertains to their department.
11. Understands chemical(s) used in their department under the "Right to Know" standard.
12.Performs all duties in a manner that demonstrates safety, respect, care and concern for our residents/patients/clients and staff. Reports to clinical staff any concerns that might warrant attention on behalf of the resident. Maintain a healthy, clean, safe environment for the population of MHC.
13. Communicate effectively and tactfully with residents/patients recognizing their age, needs, abilities and physical condition.
14. Attends department meetings and all required in-services.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Less than High SchoolExperience: On-The-Job Training