Executive Director, Residential ServicesJob Location: Wallingford, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
Executive Director, Residential Services
Masonicare at Ashlar Village - Wallingford, CT
Full Time / Exempt
Provide leadership, direction, and administration of operations of Masonicare’s Residential Services to ensure compliance with established objectives and the realization of quality and economical management of an active retirement community. Assists the COO of Masonicare in the planning of corporate wide projects and correlation of operations upon request. Provides day to day oversight of all residential facilities and Masonicare at Home. Maintain hands on relationship and communication with residents in atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Strives daily to exemplify Masonicare's mission, vision, values in action, and to remind other staff of the commitment tot he residents embodied in those values, both by word and by deed.
2. Manages employees through subordinates, usually other managers. Established performance goals, allocates resources and assesses policies for direct subordinates. Directs and supervises all residential facilities and Masonicare at Home activities through competent administrative support staff and department heads.
3. Serves as a resource for co-workers. Communicates with other levels of management on a regular basis for planning and coordination. Attends required number of staff meetings per year. Conducts ongoing staff retreats to help staff remain aware of concerns of an aging population, to help develop better problem solving and situational crisis skills and to help integrate Masonicare's value system into the daily work life. Maintains an open door policy to staff and residents of all levels.
- Maintains established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, quality assessment and improvement programs, and safety, environmental and infection control standards.Understands and ensures education of all department personnel in the "Right to Know" standard. Keeps required documentation up to date.Reviews all work related incident reports and meets with employees after the fact to ascertain cause(s) of the injury/exposure.
- Represents all Masonicare residential facilities in its relationship with other retirement or assisted living communities, organizations, groups and government agencies.
- Initiates facility wide policies and procedures to facilitate the kind and type of organization needed to accomplish the organization’s aims, objectives and programs.Develops and manages capital and operating budgets for the residential facilities and Masonicare at Home, allocates funds and ensures that the residential facilities and Masonicare at Home operates within the budget.
- Informs and advises Board Members regarding current trends, problems, and activities in healthcare to facilitate policy making decisions.Keeps Board Members apprised of status of operation at the residential facilities and Masonicare at Home.Develops and charts the course the Masonicare residential facilities and Masonicare at Home is to take in response to the resident/ client's developing needs and carries it out accordingly.Recommends and updates long-range plans which support the institution's philosophy and general objectives.
- Ensures compliance with CCAC regulations governing accreditation and state regulations for assisted living.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
10. Performs other duties as required.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or other related fields
Experience: 3-5 years Senior Management experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: CASP preferred.