Dining Room Supervisor (DAY/EVENING SHIFT)Job Location: Wallingford, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
Dining Room Supervisor (DAY/EVENING SHIFT)
Masonicare at Ashlar Village - Wallingford, CT
40hrs/wk - Including Every Other Weekend
Shift: 11:00am - 8:00pm
Responsible for quality assurance within the dining room. Creates and maintains scheduling, monitors wait staff compliance with set dining standards, and oversees general sanitation of kitchen operations.
- Maintain adherence to posted schedule ensuring to follow proper procedures for requested days off and calling out, and reporting to work at the proper time.
- Maintain proper time-clock procedures to ensure an accurate account of hours worked.
- Report to work in proper attire to ensure a clean and professional appearance.
- Adhere to all guidelines and procedures for safe food handling and general sanitation.
- Demonstrates customer service skills, treating all customers, visitors, and co-workers with courtesy and respect.Handles all customer issues professionally and uses all options provided to satisfy customer.
- Wait on tables; taking resident orders, served in a professional manner with the abilityto handlemultiple tasks.
- Familiar with menu items and ensures communication to wait staff with regard to menu items, special functions, and resident issues.
8.Check dining rooms at pre-meal to ensure tables are set correctly and are neat and clean in appearance.
9. Check dining rooms at post-meal to ensure area has been cleared and cleaned properly and reset correctly.
10. Assist in interviewing and recommending personnel to fill vacant positions. Participate in employee disciplinary matters.
11. Create and maintain schedule for Pond Ridge Dining Services staff.
12. Delegate stations, pre-meal and post-meal assignments, ensure work is properly completed, and maintain prompt, efficient, and courteous workflow.
13. Instruct new waitstaff in appropriate procedures and ensure proper training.Discuss menu thoroughly with waitstaff prior to each service, field comments questions, a nd concerns regarding menu and service.
14. Monitor waitstaff activity in kitchen and dining rooms to ensure smooth work flow and proper plating.
15. Perform other administrative duties as assigned by Director and/or Assistant Director.
16. Ensure waitstaff utilizes safe and sanitary procedures throughout service and set-up.
17. Take appropriate procedural steps and make adjustments as necessary following Complaints.
18. Interact well with both younger (waitstaff) and older (residents) adults, maintaining a pleasing personality and calm focus.
19. Maintain a neat appearance; demonstrate professionalism and poise.
20. Reports any safety issues, equipment malfunctions and others to supervisors.
21. Ensure proper safe food handling and hand washing procedures are followed and proper sanitation of trays, work areas and equipment used.
21. Attend all mandatory in-services as required.
22. All other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: Some waitstaff and supervisory experience