CookJob Location: Wallingford, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
Masonicare Health Center - Food Service Department - Wallingford, CT
40hrs/wk - Every Other Weekend
Day / Evening Shift
The Cook is responsible for food preparation by following approved recipes for residents, patients, employees and visitors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews menus and productions sheets to prepare and produce all food needed for resident, patient, cafeteria, and catering services.
- Ensures that all food prepared meet the department standards for quality, freshness, taste and appearance by following approved recipes.
- Plans and executes the production of all food needed within the time restraints for each meal service and venue.
- Follows HACCP guidelines during the cooking process to ensure all food products are within safe serving temperature.
- Ensures that all cooking equipment and utensils are inspected and maintained for cleanliness and safe operation.
- Can work with a variety of kitchen equipment such as knives, slicer, mixer, steamer, convection oven, blender, robot coupe and grill.
- Reports any concerns regarding food and equipment to appropriate manager.
8. Performs other duties as assigned
Education: High School, Vocational School/Technical Training
Experience: 3-5 years with large volume cooking