CNA Certified Nursing Assistant (EVENING SHIFT)Job Location: Wallingford, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
Residence Assistant (001458)
Masonicare Health Center - Wright Residence - Wallingford, CT
Saturday: 6:00pm-7:00am, Sunday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Summary of Position: Under the direction of the Director of Independent Living for MHC and the supervision of the Wright Resident Coordinator, the RA assists residents with activities of daily living and personal care to maximize independence, freedom of choice and quality of life.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists as needed with the resident’s activities of daily living. Assistance provided is based on age, needs and the abilities of the resident. Provides trays to residents when ill. Takes vital signs as directed. Helps residents with dressing if needed such as application or removal of elastic stockings, tying of shoes, etc. Helps with transportation needs.
2. Housekeeping duties as assigned. Gathers and disposes of trash and waste materials. Cleans laundry rooms and public areas on each floor. Cleans public restrooms and assures areas are supplied with necessary paper products. Responsible for cleaning of floors in shared areas such as Arts and Crafts Room, Activity room, lounge, foyer and Country Kitchen. Keeps areas in good order and attractive.
3. Observes and communicates changes in residents mental/physical/emotional condition to Director or designee. Makes emergency response calls if needed. Prepared to act in urgent situations. Helps provide for the safety and security needs of each resident. Intervenes in problems to prevent them from escalating, helping to keep our Resident Community peaceful, calm and friendly.
4. Completes required written documentation on a variety of specific forms such as the intershift log, call –for-aid reports, reportable events forms, fire drill rports, and other paperwork as directed.
5. Communicates with residents, families and staff in a professional manner. Uses tact and diplomacy. Acts as a resident’s advocate. Respects confidentiality . Acts as an ambassador to all guests and visitors.
6. Assists with management and care of Resident's personal property as needed. Helps resident manage his/her environment such as helping with thermostat control, laundry services, and placing needed work orders.
7. Prepares and presents any recreational activity scheduled during shift. Sets up, encourages participation and monitors function. Shares and reports problems or successes to Resident Coordinator.
8. Performs other duties as required.
Education: High school graduate or equivalency
Experience: 6mos.-1year of experience working with geriatric population
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Home Health Aide certification preferred; CPR desirable
Key Competencies: Ability to interact with wide variety of personalities and types of individuals;
Ability to manage multiple tasks and still meet individual resident needs;
Ability to remain calm in stressful moments and exercise mature judgement;
Ability to read reports and document appropriate entries on forms provided
Ability to learn computer programs necessary in job requirements