Associate ChaplainJob Location: Wallingford, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
Associate Chaplain (000992)
Masonicare Health Center - Wallingford, CT
Full Time, including Every Other Sunday
The Associate Chaplain provides spiritual counseling and guidance to patients, families, staff and performs or arranges for religious services to meet patient needs.
Associate Chaplain - Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Collaborates with members of multidisciplinary care team to provide pastoral care and religious support to patients of all religions and cultures. Acts as a liaison between patient, family, and staff during periods of crisis (e.g. illness and dying).
2. Evaluates patient needs for spiritual support and counseling related to resolving problems related to age, medical, spiritual and emotional needs and initiates or recommends individual programs and services to meet those needs.
3. Leads patients in regularly scheduled religious services and chapel functions or arranges for visiting clergy to do so.
4. Visits newly admitted patients, makes routine visits to patients, providing counsel and guidance, prayer meetings, and discussions. Facilitates follow-up with appropriate area ministers for patients who have indicated a desire for such contact.
5. Completes resident/patient documentation as required.
6. Attends meetings as required. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, research activities, inservice meetings, and workshops.
7. Understands and follows universal precautions.
8. Performs other duties as required.
Education: Master of Divinity Degree or Masters of Religious Education
Experience: Experience in bereavement, pastoral, eldercare or healthcare
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Ordained by recognized religious body.
Key Competencies: Skilled Pastoral care and worship leadership, assessment capabilities. Strong oral/written communication and documentation skills..