Assistant Dining Room SupervisorJob Location: Wallingford, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
Assistant Dining Room Supervisor (31175)
Masonicare at Ashlar Village - Wallingford, CT
Summary: Coordinates, supervises and directs the waitstaff needed for the food service department day-to-day operation, catered functions and other department needs. Maintains records of personnel, resident charges and scheduling. Ensure that the dining facilities are maintained and properly staffed with qualified personnel.
1. Adhere to all general policies and procedures pertaining to the food service department, staff and clientele.
2. Coordinate staffing, set-ups and services provided for any additional activities in house or catered.
3. Make recommendations to the Executive Chef and Dining Services Manager as to china, linen and uniform needs.
4. Participate in training development of the waitstaff and their scheduling.
5. Recommend and interview potential waitstaff.
6. With each service, discuss the menu with the chefs on duty regarding changes, additions and selections offered.
7. Delegate stations, pre-meal and post meal assignments each service, maintaining prompt, courteous and efficient workflow.
8. Go through menu before each service with the waitstaff, fielding comments, questions or concerns regarding the menu and serving it.
9. Assist the hostess in distributing and seating residents during service.
10. Ensure the waitstaff utilizes safe and sanitary procedures through out service and set-up.
Education: High School or GED
Experience: Some Waitstaff experience
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Must have a pleasant personality and be able to relate well with older and younger adults. Able to make adjustments following complaints
Assistant Dining Room Supervisor