Painter (Per Diem)
Masonicare Health Center - Wallingford, CT
Per Diem / As needed
The Painter performs routine and specialize painting and related tasks to maintain the condition and appearance of hospital buildings and facilities.
Painter - Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fills nail holes, joints and cracks in walls with plaster or other fiber. Removes old finish and replace doors or window glass.
- Selects premixed paint or mixes paint to achieve desired color. Applies costs of paints to exterior and interior surfaces. Paints, varnishes, stain, enamels, lacquers and redecorates wall, woodwork and fixtures of buildings and facilities using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Achieves special effects such as wood grain, marble, tile or brick utilizing cloth, brush, sponge, fingers or other accessories or tools.
- Keeps work area orderly, clean and safe. Ensure proper care in the use of equipment and supplies.
- Maintains all required records and information pertinent to costing out work assignments.
- Assists maintenance mechanics on projects as directed by supervisor.
- Assists in snow removal, clearing of walkways and the application of de-icing products.
- Attends meetings as required.Participates in in-service programs.
- Understand and follows universal precautions and chemicals as it pertains to the department.
- Communicate effectively and tactfully with residents/patients recognizing their age, needs, abilities and physical condition.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education: High School or GED.
Experience: 3-5 year of experience as a professional painter
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
Key Competencies: Able to apply different types of painting techniques. Able to handle multiple tasks. Ability to cost out work projects. Ability to handle physical demands of the position.