RN Supervisor for Assisted Living (SALSA)Job Location: Simsbury, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
RN Supervisor for Assisted Living (SALSA) - (770298)
Masonicare Assited Living Services, Virginia Connolly - Simsbury, CT
Part Time / Exempt
Monday - Friday - 8:00am - 1:00pm
Summary of Position: The RN Supervisor for Assisted Living (SALSA) is responsible for coordinating and managing all aspects of nursing and personal care services provided by ALSA staff to residents of the assisted living facility. Works closely with staff of the managed residential community and other Masonicare affiliates to ensure delivery of core services and coordination of care through the entire Masonicare continuum.
RN Supervisor for Assisted Living - Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Coordinates and manages all nursing and assisted living aide services rendered to the clients by direct service staff under his/her supervision.
2. Supervises assigned nursing personnel and assisted living aides in delivery of nursing services and assistance with provision of activities of daily living.
3. Insures the evaluation of the clinical competence of assigned nursing personnel and assisted living aides.
4. Participates in the development of all agency objectives, standards of care, policies and procedures concerning nursing services and the provision of assistance with activities of daily living.
5. Participates in direct services, interviewing of potential staff, selection, orientation and inservice education.
6. Participates in program planning, the budget process and evaluation of clinical services.
7. Ensures that nursing services are available 24 hours per day, seven days a week.
8. Coordinates and shares on-call during off hours with nursing services
9. Provides direct nursing services to clients as needed.
10. Provides medication administration services to residents and supervise licensed nursing personnel in medication administration.
11. Develops resident education, wellness counseling, health promotion and disease prevention program for residents.
12. Conducts initial resident health, psycho-social and functional assessments.
13. Recommends level of care required by resident.
14. Collaborates with clinical staff, MRC personnel and families to develop a care plan for resident.
15. Assists the licensed staff with the review of care plan with each significant change in condition or at least every 120 days.
16. Assists licensed staff with the verification of written or verbal orders from the physician or health care practitioner as needed or at least every 120 days.
17. Provides weekly report to the service coordinator regarding problems associated with provision of core service or concerns with the MRC or ALSA.
18. Provides monthly report to service coordinator regarding statistical data including the number of clients served and services provided.
19. Provides summary of weekly and monthly reports to governing authority in accordance with their regular meeting schedule.
20. Assists the licensed staff with the coordination of services with resident, family and other appropriate individuals.
21. Refers residents to appropriate professionals or agencies whenever the resident's condition dictates.
22. Assists residents in securing alternate living arrangements if they no longer require or are no longer clinically qualified for assisted living services.
23. Attends meetings, serves on committees and performs other special projects or tasks as assigned.
A Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing with two years full time experience (one year in home health care or community health required) or a diploma or Associate's Degree in nursing with four years of full time experience over the past 10 years (one year of home health care or community health required)
Registered Nurse with valid Connecticut license
Must possess strong clinical, organizational, record keeping and documentation skills; able to function independently and exercise sound judgement and initiative; able to respond calmly to a crisis or emergency and have strong facilitation and team work skills. Position requires excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills. Previous management experience and knowledge of State of Connecticut ALSA regulations and the Medicare and Medicaid programs is required
Exposure to body fluids, infections, odors and varying resident behaviors should be expected. Position may require long irregular hours and may be emotional and/or stressful due to issues and/or crisis affecting the health and well being of the residents.
RN Supervisor for Assisted Living (SALSA)