Non-Certified in home assistant
Masonicare at Home - Westerly, RI
“Masonicare is the leader in senior care in Connecticut and is committed to improving quality of life to those that we serve. We offer a diverse work experience that offers professional growth and opportunities and at the same time allows for the opportunity to work in a care setting that is focused around our patients, residents and clients. We are focused on hiring individuals whose beliefs and behaviors encompass what Masonicare’s mission and core values – Innovation, Accountability, Respect, Compassion and Excellence. Masonicare is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value and hire all forms of diversity.”
Per Diem/As Needed
Opportunities are available now throughout the state of CT and in Westerly, RI.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Homemaker Companion provides routine household duties, which assist client with maintaining a clean, safe and healthy environment and reports any environment issues to the Office. Duties include:
· Preparing meals;
· Cleaning/maintaining bathroom;
· Cleaning/maintaining kitchen;
· Laundry/ironing; and
· Damp mop.
2. Provides companionship inclusive of
· Providing supervision while family/designated caregiver is away;
· Providing amusements (cards, games, reading to client, etc.);
· Accompanying clients on walks, social functions, etc; and
· Assisting and accompanying client to physician or clinic when designated.
3. Accepts assignments of duties as deemed necessary by the Client Care Manager(s) and Care Coordinator(s). Follows the written and/or oral instruction.
4. Adheres to all policies and procedures and demonstrates understanding of maintaining Patients' Rights, Property and Privacy; Code of Conduct; and HIPAA.
5. Adheres to all schedules and if schedule changes are required, reports this immediately to the scheduler. Completes telephony documenting care provided in a timely fashion.
Education: High school diploma or GED required.
Experience: Experience in care of a home and experience in working with or caring for people is desirable but not essential.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Other: Maintains current Drivers’ License, auto insurance and possess reliable transportation (Exception: Employees who utilize public transportation—Supervisory approval required). Ability to speak and understand English required.