APRN HospiceJob Location: Norwalk, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
APRN Hospice (733APRN)
Masonicare Home Health & Hospice - Norwalk, CT
Pay-Per-Visit APRN for Hospice Face-to-Face visits
The APRN works with the Hospice Medical Director to gather, document, and share clinical findings to determine continued hospice eligibility. The Hospice APRN will perform the fact to face encounters for hospice patients 30 days prior to the start of the 3rd benefit period (180 days recertification) and then again every 60 days thereafter.
APRN - ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Work with Hospice Medical Director and the Hospice Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) to ensure the provision of physical, emotional, spiritual, social and bereavement care to adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal Hospice Patients and their families.
2. Assists in determining the adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal patient's medical eligibility for Hospice services by visiting the patient and performing a fact to face encounter 30 days prior to the 180 day recertification and then again every 60 days thereafter.
3. Complete an attestation in writing documenting that he or she had the face to face encounter, the date of the visit, the clinical findings supporting the ongoing eligibility for Hospice services, and the fact these clinical findings were provided to the certifying physician.
4. Acts as a medical resource to the) and works in cooperation with the IDT to develop and update care plans for adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal Hospice patients.
5. Acts as a resource to attending physicians, staff, adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal clients and families as requested regarding pain and other symptom management to assure the patient/family needs are met.
6. Attends team meetings on a routine basis to provide consultation and direction.
7. Participates in educational programs in the community and within the agency as able and may act as a medical liaison with physicians in the community.
8. Communicates effectively and tactfully with adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal clients, recognizing their age, cultural diversity, needs, abilities and physical condition.
9. Can be depended upon to report to work on-time, use time off appropriately, and complete annual education & medical requirements.
10. Performs other duties as required.
CT state APRN licensure, in good standing
Drivers' license and clean driving record