LPN Licensed Practical Nurse (DAY SHIFT)Job Location: New Haven, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
LPN Licensed Practical Nurse (DAY SHIFT) - (770421)
Masonicare ALSA Services at Tower One / Tower East - New Haven, CT
Day Shift: 9:00am - 5:30pm
18hrs/wk Including Every Other Weekend
Summary of Position: Under the supervision of a SALSA, provides nursing care for a select group of residents by providing supportive and restorative care, teaching and collaborating in the implementation of the resident services plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Contributes to the resident care and service plans by collecting data based on age, needs and abilities in an ongoing and systematic manner and participating in regular care planning meetings.
2. Communicates and collaborates effectively with residents, families, colleagues and other members of the health care team to meet resident needs.
3. Provides education, supervision and counseling to resident and family regarding AL procedures and other care needs.
4. Documents accurate, pertinent and comprehensive information in a timely and concise manner in the client service record.
5. Conducts supervisory visits of resident care assistants, companions and homemakers as required.
6. Participates in educational programs, inservices, meetings and workshops and utilizes current literature to enhance professional skills and knowledge.
7. Under supervision of SALSA/RN DESIGNEE and in collaboration with physicians,
pharmacists and outside agencies, will be responsible for oversight of medication management including but not limited to ordering, storing, reconciling and preparing medications for administration and/or CNA prompt.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Graduate of accredited School of Nursing
Experience: 1-2 years-clinical experience in a hospital or similar health care setting preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Current LPN license; CPR certification Registration
LPN Licensed Practical Nurse (DAY SHIFT)