Security OfficerJob Location: Mystic, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
Security Officer (30815)
Masonicare at Mystic - Senior Living - Mystic, CT
ACTIVE AND VALID GUARD CARD IS REQUIRED. If you do not have one, you must be willing to get one.
Per Diem - As Needed
Evening Shift: 5:00pm - 12am
Night Shift: 12:00am - 8:00am
The SECURITY OFFICER provides security for patients, employees and visitors; protects buildings, assets, and premises as assigned.
SECURITY OFFICER - Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts preventative patrols of buildings and premises at MAM to prevent fire, thefts, vandalism and intruders.
- Monitors conduct of visitors on campus; confronts unauthorized persons for questioning as needed. Escorts employees and visitors to parking areas.
- Writes comprehensive accurate reports detailing activities during shift. Responds to incidents/accidents completely documenting same using prescribed departmental forms and procedures.
- Responds to inquiries for advice or assistance from employees, visitors, vendors and students.
- Provides assistance to nursing staff of residents as needed.
- Reacts to internal and external emergencies at MAM.
- Secures and/or unlocks offices and buildings. Secures patient valuables or lost and found articles; maintains records of items received.
- Controls vehicle traffic and facility.
- Notify supervisor, police or fire department when situations warrant. Notifies maintenance personnel for major snow or ice conditions.
- Conducts proactive patrols of building addressing potential equipment issues.
- Attends meetings as required. Participates in mandatory in-service education programs.
- Responds to fire alarms, calls for aid and other emergencies at MAM following described procedures in the Fire/Disaster plan and departmental policy and procedures. Communicates important information to pertinent staff.
- Provides prompt, courteous service to residents and their families with a positive attitude. When speaking with residents, listens to their concerns and responds appropriately in a professional manner.
- Helps create a safe work environment by following safety guidelines to prevent injuries to staff, residents, and visitors. Notifies management of unsafe work conditions.
- Adheres to departmental dress code by wearing full uniform and presenting a neat, clean and professional appearance.
- Communicates effectively and tactfully with adult and older residents/patients, recognizing their age, cultural diversity, needs, abilities and physical condition.
- Perform work orders assigned by supervisor
- Performs other duties as required.
Education: High School or GED, guard card/security officer required certification course
Experience: 6-12 months experience in security operations
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Active and valid guard card.
Key Competencies: Able to handle emergency situations. Able to handle multiple demands. Interpersonal skills. Must be able to speak, read and write English.