RN/LPN Nurse LiaisonJob Location: Mystic, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
RN/LPN Nurse Liaison
Masonicare Home Health & Hospice
*This role will be responsible for referral sources and pre-established accounts in the greater Mystic/Eastern CT area.
The Nurse Liaison, under the direction of the Director of Sales & Business Development, is responsible for the development and maintenance of referral networks within an assigned territory. Responsibilities include: collaborating with referral sources to ensure smooth and effective transfers to homecare, hospice, and other continuum services. Educating the healthcare community on the Masonicare continuum isan integral aspect of the role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain relationships with physicians, discharge planners, case managers, social workers, and other healthcare professionals that utilize homecare and hospice services.
- Facilitate the arrangement of homecare and hospice services upon request by referral sources. Perform onsite evaluations for complex patients as requested by physicians and case managers to ensure effective care transitions and prevention of rehospitalizations.
- Educate the healthcare community on Masonicare’s home health and hospice services as well as the full continuum of care.
- Collaborate with Community liaisons to ensure a consistent sales strategy and identify areas of opportunity; participate in joint marketing activities.
- Collaborate with all affiliates in the Masonicare continuum in an effort to cross-market and connect service lines.
- Assist in obtaining MD signatures on federal and/or state required documents.
- Travel to local facilities and physician offices throughout the assigned territory
- Communicate with local branch staff to ensure smooth transitions.
- Represent Masonicare in a positive and professional way at all times.
- Can be depended upon to report to work on time, use time off appropriately, and complete annual educational and medical requirements.
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years nursing experience; homecare, hospice or discharge planning experience preferred. Sales or Marketing experience a plus
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: RN or LPN licensure and drivers license.
Key Competencies: Ability to perform comprehensive clinical evaluations of potential home health and hospice patients
Excellent planning, organizational, communication and presentation skills
Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and third party payer eligibility criteria and reimbursement guidelines
Meet and maintain credentialing requirements of area hospitals
Commitment to a high level of customer service
Proficiency of Microsoft office
Provide care and services that demonstrate behaviors and the principles of person-centered care including affording people dignity, respect and compassion, offering coordinated care, support and treatment and care that is personalized.