Resident Services Counselor (Social Work)Job Location: Mystic, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
Resident Services Counselor (Social Work) (31222)
Masonicare at Mystic - Mystic, CT
Part Time - 24hrs/wk
The Continuum Services Resource Counselor will be the primary source of supportive services to residents at Masonicare at Mystic. This person will strive to ensure the well-being of Masonicare at Mystic residents by coordinating services and providing residential support consistent with the philosophy of Masonicare’s Mission, Vision and Values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strives to assure the highest quality of life and services for the residents.
- Establish support groups for all residents.
- Creates and maintains strong and positive relationships with all residents and their families.
- Coordinate move-ins with various departments to ensure a smooth transition for incoming residents to the campus.
- Act as primary source of supportive services to new residents upon move in and provides an avenue for new residents to feel comfortable.
- Attains and/or maintains ongoing compliance with appropriate regulatory standards.
- Actively participate in community relation initiatives to assure continued community awareness on the benefits of dementia care at the Argonauta.
- Makes an active contribution toward improving community relations, increasing positive public regard and overall awareness of Masonicare at Mystic.
- Hosts events to foster relationships within the community.
- Actively participates in community relations initiatives to assure continued community awareness on the benefits of independent living, assisted living, and memory care.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Reports to, consults with, and informs the Executive Director regarding activities, needs and issues related to the residents of Masonicare at Mystic.
- Works with residents and families during transfers from one level to another level of care.
- Provides assistance in crisis situation when conflicts arise with service providers, family members, and others.
- Attends meetings, serves on committees, and performs other special projects or tasks as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work preferred.
Experience: 1-3 years dealing with Senior Citizens in a professional capacity.
Key Competencies: Must possess strong organizational skills, record keeping and documentation skills; excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills coupled with excellent judgment and strong initiative. Must be able to respond calmly in crisis or emergency situations; have strong facilitation and team work skills; possess a thorough understanding of the concept of independent and assisted living and the full continuum of care provided by Masonicare.
Resident Services Counselor