CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (PER DIEM)Job Location: Mystic, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (PER DIEM)
Masonicare at Mystic – Mystic, CT
All Shifts / Per Diem as needed
Under the direction and supervision of a licensed nurse and the Memory Care Resource Coordinator, aMemory Care Aide is a Certified Nursing Assistant who is responsible for performing activities and care in the memory care department. He/She will provide assistance to the Memory Care Resource Coordinator in maintaining a positive physical and social environment for the residents. This position will also be responsible for providing services and care to residents in the same manner as RCA's. They must also have an understanding of the Mission, Vision and Values of Masonicare.
MEMORY CARE AIDE - CNA - Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides assistance with essential activities of daily living and personal care to residents based on age, needs and abilities of the resident, including bathing, dressing and undressing, ambulating, toileting, assistance with meals and nourishment's, personal hygiene (shaving, dental hygiene, nail, hair and foot care), transferring using proper body mechanics and appropriate assistive devices and care of ADL devices such as eyeglasses and hearing aids.
2. Provides assistance with instrumental activities of daily living to residents based on age, needs and abilities of the resident: placing and/or receiving telephone calls, performing light housekeeping tasks such as vacuuming, emptying trash, cleaning bathroom, bed making and bed changes, assisting with laundry, escorting the resident and coordinating internal transportation needs and assisting with mail delivery and correspondence
3. Assists the resident with self-administration of medications, through cueing only
4. Observes and reports changes in the residents' physical condition and cognitive/emotional status to ALSA Supervisor or Director of Assisted Living Services, as needed
5. Conducts room checks on resident rounds, monitors for environmental safety hazards, records incidents, errors or accidents and records resident and resident related events.
5. Assists in a variety of tasks related to dining (escorting residents, set-up and clean-up, serving meals)
6. Responsible for participating in and supporting the resident centered activity program. Completes required written documentation concerning resident care and activities during shift
7. Is a resident advocate at all times
8. Follows agency policies concerning confidentiality
9. Uses tactful, diplomatic communication in potentially sensitive or emotionally charged situations and follows up with appropriate staff, resident or others regarding reported
complaints, problems and concerns.
10. Acts as ambassador to guest and other off-campus visitors and maintains certifications required for employment
11. Performs other duties as required
Current State of Connecticut CNA certificate; CPR Certification preferred. Valid CT Driver's License; Dementia Certification