CNA Home Health AideJob Location: East Hartford, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
CNA Home Health Aide (702029)
Masonicare Home Health & Hospice - East Hartford, CT area
30hrs/wk - Including Every Other Weekend
**MUST Have CNA Certification, Drivers License, relaiable transportation, and flexible daytime availability. This position will provide coverage in both homes and facilities, as assigned**
A CNA Home Health Aide is a trained worker who, under the supervision of a registered professional nurse or therapist provides homemaking services and personal care services for an adult, geriatric, acutely or chronically ill client. Duties of the Core Home Health Aide are planned, assigned in writing and supervised regularly by the designated nurse or therapist.
The CNA Home Health Aide will work a set schedule each week. Visits are scheduled within a territory, however visits may be made outside of the assigned territory as business demands.
CNA - ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists the adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal client with personal care activities as assigned by a qualified Registered Nurse or Therapist, inclusive of, but not limited to, bathing, dressing, oral hygiene, hair/skin care and feeding.
2. Accepts assignments and performs duties as deemed necessary by the Nurse/Homemaker- Home Health Aide Supervisor and renders services in strict accordance with the written plan of care and instructions of the RN or Therapist as identified in care plan.
3. Assists with medication management by reminding the adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal client to take medication when needed as instructed by a qualified nurse/therapist and immediately notifying Nurse Case Manager or Supervisor if patient medications have not been taken. Assists with exercises, ambulation and transfer activities as instructed by a qualified nurse/therapist
4. After personal care has been rendered, performs normal household services essential to adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal client care at home, including meal preparation, laundry and housekeeping that facilitate the client receiving sanitary and safe care at home. Assists with maintaining a clean, safe and healthy environment and provides basic emotional and psychological support to client and other members of the household by listening and without interjecting own advice or recommendations.
5. Adheres to all schedules and if schedule changes are required, reports this immediately to the scheduler and/or supervisor.
6. Documentation of care provided will be submitted as per agency policy.
7. Demonstrates understanding of maintaining Patients' Rights, Property and Privacy, and HIPAA.
8. Communicates effectively and tactfully with clients, recognizing their age, cultural diversity, needs, abilities and physical condition.
9. Can be depended upon to report to work on-time, use time off appropriately, and complete annual education & medical requirements.
10. Performs other duties as required.
A current CT State Nurse Aide certification - CNA or HHA
Must have a valid drivers license in good standing
Previous Caregiving experience is preferred, but is not required.