Hostess/Lead ServerJob Location: Chester, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
Hostess/Lead Server (31163)
Masonicare at Chester Village - Chester, CT
Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm, Monday: 4:30-8:30pm, Every Other Tuesday: 4:30pm - 8:30pm
Summary of Position: The Host/Hostess - Lead Server is responsible for assisting the Dining Room Manager with the coordination, seating, appearance and maintenance of the dining area and server stations and ensuring that courteous and efficient services are delivered. Recognizes hospitality and exceptional customer service as job essentials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In the absence of the Dining Room Manager, supervises the physical appearance of the dining room area and server stations including table pedestals, table place settings, chairs, floors, drapes and lighting.
- Coordinates the seating of the residents and guests in an efficient, courteous manner.
- Schedules stations and work assignments for the wait staff and check out servers to make sure standards are met.
- Records meal counts, reservations and additional charges.
- Confers with Dining Room Manager regarding dining room status.
- Assists in implementation of policy and procedures of the dining room.
- Assists in providing on-the-job training for dining room personnel.
- Waits tables and provides beverage and bar services as needed.
- Participates in cost control measures.
- Attends in-service training and education sessions as assigned.
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Education: High School or equivalent
Experience: A minimum of one year Host/Hostess or Lead Server experience within restaurant, club, hotel or similar institution.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Ability to interpret and explain menu, refer or answer questions, coordinate meal service process and understand requests.
Ability to communicate with, understand, empathize with, work with, and be tolerant of residents, families, visitors, peers, supervisors and subordinates.