Food Service WorkerJob Location: Chester, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
Food Service Worker (31132)
Masonicare at Chester Village - Chester, CT
Evening Shift: Every Thursday, Friday, Saturday
Summary: Under the direction of the Cooks/Chefs, washes dishes and cleans equipment, floors and any other sanitation procedures asked of them.
1. Assist in the general sanitation of the kitchen, which encompasses all aspects of proper sanitation procedures.
2. Sets up dish machine for meal service and washes dishes, sorts silverware and cleans glasses.
3. Maintains proper cleanliness of all pots and pans using proper chemicals and procedures. Cleans all kitchen equipment as requested by supervisor. Organizes and cleans storerooms and coolers.
4. Removes all garbage from kitchen and puts in dumpster as well as recycle products.
5. Assist manager and cooks in any special cleaning project as directed.
6. Follows dress code for department wearing provided uniforms that are clean and neat. Wear hairnets as required.
- Receives all deliveries and properly rotates stack and organizes storeroom and coolers.
8. Attend all scheduled in-services.
Education: Some high school education
Experience: On-the-job training
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Able to follow verbal instructions and read written directions for chemicals used
Physical Demands: Continuous standing Frequent walking, climbing, bending, crouching, pushing/pulling and carrying Frequently lifts (40 - 69%) 1 - 50 lbs. Occasionally lifts (15-39%) over 50 lbs.
Vision Accommodation: Able to bring objects into focus to perform job duties.
Provides care and services that demonstrate behaviors and the principles of person-centered care including affording people dignity, respect and compassion, offering coordinated care, support and treatment and care that is personalized.
Food Service Worker