CookJob Location: Chester, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
Masonicare at Chester Village - Chester, CT
Part Time positions are available. These are all benefit eligible positions. Day and evening shifts. Please call for specific schedule.
The Cook prepares food products for residents, staff, and catered functions monitoring quality and presentation. Ensures proper sanitation procedures are followed with regard to storing, preparing, and cooking of food products and the cleanliness of the kitchen and storage areas. Utilizes and directs utility staff and assists with inventory, ordering, and receiving of product.
COOK - Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain adherence to posted schedule ensuring to follow proper procedures for requested days off and calling out, and reporting to work at the proper time.
- Maintain proper time-clock procedures to ensure an accurate account of hours worked.
- Report to work in proper uniform (laundered and maintained by employee) to ensure a clean and professional appearance.
- Adhere to all guidelines and procedures for safe food handling, HACCP, and general sanitation.
- Demonstrates customer service skills, treating all customers, visitors, and co-workers with courtesy and respect. Handles all customer issues professionally and uses all options provided to satisfy customer.
- Prepares food products for residents, staff and catered events that meet
standards for quantity and quality and presentation.
- Adhere to proper sanitation guidelines. Ensure all work areas and equipment are clean and sanitized and all stored product is labeled, dated, and properly rotated.
- Assists in inventory, ordering, and receiving of food products as needed.
- Must interact with residents, coworkers, and supervisors in a professional manner.
- Utilize and direct utility staff efficiently.
- Accept critiques and suggestions professionally and use them as a vehicle to improvement.
- Make recommendations with regard to the menu and new food products.
- Reports any safety issues, equipment malfunctions and others to supervisors.
- Ensure proper safe food handling and hand washing procedures are followed, and proper sanitation of trays, work areas and equipment used.
- Attend all mandatory in-services, obligations, and meetings including (but not limited to) HIPPA, Corporate Compliance, AMIS, TB, and The 7 Standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or GED. Completion of Culinary program recommended.
Experience: 1-3 years of experience as a chef.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Sanitation certification preferred.
Key Competencies: Knowledge of food sanitation requirements and regulations. Knowledge of culinary terms and procedures.