Lead WaitstaffJob Location: Chester, CT Apply Via Application Submit Resume and Cover Letter
Masonicare at Chester Village – Chester, CT
*This is a senior living community setting*
24hrs/wk - including weekend rotation
Days and Evenings
*This position is Benefit Eligible*
The Lead Waitstaff is responsible for the coordination, seating, appearance and maintenance of the dining area and server stations and ensuring that courteous and efficient services are delivered by all staff. Recognizes hospitality and exceptional customer service as job essentials.
Essential Job Duties:
- Oversees the physical appearance and overall atmosphere of the dining room area and server stations including table pedestals, table place settings, chairs, floors, drapes and lighting.
- Coordinates the seating of the residents and guests in an efficient, courteous, and hospitality focused manner.
- Schedules stations and work assignments for the wait staff and checks out servers to make sure standards are met.
- Records meal counts, reservations and additional charges.
- Confers with Executive Chef and Dining Services Director regarding dining room status.
- Facilitates implementation of policy and procedures of the dining room.
- Provides on-the-job training for dining room personnel.
- Waits tables and provides beverage and bar services as needed.
- Participates in cost control measures.
- Attends in-service training and education sessions as assigned.
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Education: High School or equivalent
Experience: A minimum of one year “Front of the House” experience within a restaurant, country club, hotel, banquet facility, or similar institution.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Ability to interpret and explain menu, refer or answer questions, coordinate meal service process and understand requests.
Ability to communicate with, understand, empathize with, work with, and be tolerant of residents, families, visitors, peers, supervisors and subordinates.