Homemaker Companion (MAH6)
Masonicare At Home
Masonicare At Home
The Homemaker/Companion is responsible for maintaining a clean environment in the adult and geriatric client's home. Duties of Homemaker/Companion are planned, assigned and supervised regularly by the Office Manager, Masonicare at Home.
1. Provides routine household duties, which assist client with maintaining a clean, safe and healthy environment and reports any environment issues to the Office. Duties include:
- Preparing meals
- Cleaning/maintaining bathroom
- Cleaning/maintaining kitchen
- Laundry/ironing and
- Damp mop.
2. Provides companionship inclusive of
- Providing supervision while family/designated caregiver is away
- Providing amusements (cards, games, reading to client, etc.)
- Accompanying clients on walks, social functions, etc and
- Assisting and accompanying client to physician or clinic when designated.
3. Accepts assignments of duties as deemed necessary by the Program Manager. Follows the written and/or oral instructions provided by the supervisor.
4. Adheres to all policies and procedures and demonstrates understanding of maintaining Patients' Rights, Property and Privacy Code of Conduct and HIPAA.
5. Adheres to all schedules and if schedule changes are required, reports this immediately to the scheduler and/or supervisor. Completes activity sheet documenting care provided and submits paperwork in a timely fashion.
6. Communicates effectively and tactfully with adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal clients, recognizing their age, cultural diversity, needs, abilities and physical condition.
7. Can be depended upon to report to work on-time, use time off appropriately, and complete annual education & medical requirements.
8. Performs related and other duties as deemed necessary by supervisor.
1. High school diploma or GED required.
2. Ability to speak and understand English required.
3. Experience in care of a home and experience in working with or caring for people is desirable but not essential.
4. Maintains current Drivers License, auto insurance and possess reliable transportation (Exception: Employees who utilize public transportation - Supervisory approval required).
1. Demonstrates organizational, written and oral skills.
2. Maintains consistently high quality client care.
3. Demonstrates interest in and sympathetic behavior towards clients while maintaining professional boundaries.
4. Demonstrates sensitivity, compassion and maturity necessary for establishing and maintaining a good working relationship with the client and family members.
5. Demonstrates flexibility in adapting to varied client needs and lifestyles.
PREVIOUS CAREGIVING EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED.
Ability to speak and understand English